CSA's Advocacy Scholarship is open to any full-time student enrolled at a CSA member campus.
The award recipient will receive a scholarship of $2,500 and an invitation to our annual Awards Gala in May, all expenses paid.
Applications are accepted from Nov. 15, 2019 - Feb. 28, 2020.
1. Applicants are asked to submit the following documents:
A 600-800 word essay answering the following question: “HOW ARE YOU AN ADVOCATE? WHY ARE YOU PASSIONATE ABOUT ADVOCATING FOR OTHERS?” Tip: Use examples of your experiences. State which student or community group you have advocated for. Include the outcome(s) of your advocacy.
Two (2) references of the applicant’s choice, who can attest to the advocacy of the applicant and why they are deserving of the scholarship.
2. Applicants must be or have been an advocate for students on-campus or in the community. Advocacy for others could fall in one or more of the following categories:
Students with disabilities
Students with financial needs
Other (please define)
3. Applicants should also consider including how their advocacy connects with CSA’s advocacy pillars of providing an affordable, accessible, accountable, transferable and quality education for college students.
4. Applicants must be enrolled full-time in a post-secondary program at a CSA member campus.
5. Individuals do not qualify for the scholarship if they are on the Board of Directors of a CSA member student association.
The 2019/20 application is now closed.
Please download and complete the attached Application Form below.
Please email all documents (application form, essay, and reference letters) in PDF format to by February 28, 2020 at 4 p.m. to be considered for this scholarship. Please include your name and "Advocacy Scholarship Application" in the email subject line.
Thank you for your participation.